St. Joseph's faced layoffs or cuts, says Mercy CEO
St. Joseph's Mercy Health System in Hot Springs, Arkansas would have faced layoffs or cuts in services if it had continued in the Mercy Health System of Chesterfield, Mo., according to the corporation's president and CEO, Lynn Britton. Several people resigned from Mercy's local hospital board and from the national board to protest the move. Former board members were concerned about how the poor would be treated under the leadership of the for-profit Capella Healthcare.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- The Drug Price Reform Debate
- 16 Medicare Advantage Plans Earn 5-Star Ratings
- 5 Digital Marketing Efforts Every Hospital Should Try
- Ebola: A Call for Designated Hospitals