Hospital commission's big question: Essentia or no?
The votes by the Hospital Commission and City Council are coming in less than two weeks. The choice: Whether Virginia Regional Medical Center should affiliate with Duluth-based Essentia Health, a decision that weighs local autonomy against the stability of a larger health system. It's the latest chapter in the growth of Essentia, which traces its roots to a small Duluth hospital started by Benedictine nuns and now reaches across the Upper Midwest and beyond.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- 3 Things the Ice Bucket Challenge Can Teach Hospital Marketers