Cardiologist says doctors ready for more active role
Dr. William Zoghbi, director of the cardiovascular imaging institute at Methodist Hospital, was recently named president of the American College of Cardiology, taking the high-profile role as the U.S. Supreme Court prepares to rule on the Affordable Care Act. Zoghbi is one of 22 Americans chosen to carry the Olympic torch through Great Britain before the games begin there this summer. He spoke with Houston Chronicle reporter Jeannie Kever about issues facing his field.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives