UPMC's electronic health information exchange begins
Over the next year, all members of University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's ClinicalConnect health information exchange will be able to securely share and see clinical records. ClinicalConnect is expected to be among the biggest such systems in the state, with more than 7 million patient records, according to UPMC. The electronic backbone will benefit patients by reducing unnecessary testing, delays and costs and increasing the use of preventive care and chronic illness management programs.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms