Capital Health laying off 175 employees at NJ hospitals
Capital Health officials confirmed today that approximately 175 employees at its Trenton and Hopewell hospitals will be laid off. The workers, including those in finance, management and technical areas like radiology, began receiving layoff notices yesterday. Executives at the hospital system, which opened the new 223-bed Capital Health Medical Center-Hopewell in November, called the layoffs a restructuring measure that will better balance staffing needs. The hospital ramped up hiring as the Hopewell campus neared completion last year, and now has a better idea how many employees are actually needed to handle the patient load at the new hospital, they said.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013