Recovery Auditor Prepayment Review Demo Still Pending
Though the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services website lists the start date as "Summer of 2012," the delayed launch of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Recovery Auditor prepayment review demonstration has had no official announcement yet.
With temperature records being broken by the hundreds, there's no question that summer is in full swing. So where is the launch of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Recovery Auditor prepayment review demonstration?
Last November, CMS unveiled three demonstration projects aimed at reducing improper payments in the Medicare program. A few months later on February 3, 2012, CMS announced that it would be delaying two of the three of these demonstrations, one of which is the Recovery Auditor prepayment review demo.
Though the CMS website lists the start date as "Summer of 2012," the delay—which came as a result of comments and concerns from providers—originally pushed the official launch to June 1, 2012. If we are, in fact, in the midst of the Recovery Auditor prepayment review demonstration, there has been no official announcement.
- Ebola: Health Officials Try to Quell Front Line Fears
- Reducing Readmissions Starts with Better Collaboration
- Ebola: A New Normal in Dallas
- Partners HealthCare M&A Deal Under Scrutiny
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Educated Nurses Save Money
- As virus spreads, insurers exclude Ebola from new policies
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- After Ebola patient cured, NE hospital takes cautions anew
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform