ME hospitals dueling in wake of merger proposal
Central Maine Healthcare has filed a letter of intent with the state to take a controlling stake in Brunswick’s Parkview Adventist Medical Center, which prompted neighboring Mid Coast Hospital to file a competing proposal that would essential absorb Parkview, according to documents filed with the Department of Health and Human Services’ Division of Licensing and Regulatory Services.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs