Horizon, Optimus join forces on NJ accountable-care organization
Physician-run accountable-care organization Optimus Healthcare Partners LLC has launched a new ACO with Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in a bid to reduce medical costs and improve care for more than 40,000 Horizon members. Under the new ACO, 104 primary-care physicians and 42 physician practices throughout 11 New Jersey counties will operate as patient-centered medical homes—a model Horizon has implemented since 2011 through its Horizon Healthcare Innovations subsidiary. O'Hara said Horizon will provide incentive payments to Optimus physicians who manage patients' chronic diseases over time, instead of treating symptoms as they appear.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data