Horizon, Optimus join forces on NJ accountable-care organization
Physician-run accountable-care organization Optimus Healthcare Partners LLC has launched a new ACO with Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey in a bid to reduce medical costs and improve care for more than 40,000 Horizon members. Under the new ACO, 104 primary-care physicians and 42 physician practices throughout 11 New Jersey counties will operate as patient-centered medical homes—a model Horizon has implemented since 2011 through its Horizon Healthcare Innovations subsidiary. O'Hara said Horizon will provide incentive payments to Optimus physicians who manage patients' chronic diseases over time, instead of treating symptoms as they appear.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care