Mount Sinai Hospital sued for sex discrimination
A fired hospital technician has sued her former hospital and bosses for sex and religious discrimination, claiming one of them watched porn on in the operating room and called her a "dumb Jew bitch." Sandra Morris, 37, claims she was the victim of sexist and anti-Semitic taunts over the five years she worked at Mount Sinai Medical Center in New York. In a lawsuit filed July 31 in the New York State Supreme Court in Manhattan, Morris alleges her former immediate supervisor, cardiovascular perfusionist Ahmet Cercioglu, watched X-rated movies on his cell phone while operating equipment that keeps heart patients alive during bypass surgery.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care