Ascension negotiating to sell Kansas City hospitals to HCA
Ascension Health has entered into negotiations to sell two Kansas City area hospitals to HCA Midwest Health System, which is based in Kansas City. The 146-bed St. Mary's Medical Center and 310-bed St. Joseph Medical Center are part of Carondelet Health, which is operated by Ascension. If the negotiations are successful, the two hospitals and other Carondelet Health subsidiaries in Kansas City would be sold to HCA. HCA Midwest has expressed a commitment to working with the local Diocese to preserve the hospitals' Catholic heritage if they are sold, according to a statement from Ascension Health.
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives
- AMA Pushes Lame Duck Congress for SGR Repeal
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'