Somerset Medical: Layoffs will not affect patient care
The Somerset Medical Center has eliminated 23 positions at the county's only hospital. Victoria Allen, vice president for marketing, said the positions eliminated involved a variety of departments throughout the hospital. It will help the center remain efficient while maintaining high standards of care. Somerset Medical Center could lose as much as $1 million in revenues next year after Medicare starts to reduce reimbursement payments.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs