OIG work plan will examine physician practice billing
The Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General will focus some of its work on determining the effects of nonhospital-owned physician practices billing Medicare as hospital-based physician practices. The agency's Work Plan for Fiscal Year 2013 highlighted several new areas of concern surrounding hospitals, which are all under OIG review.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending