OIG work plan will examine physician practice billing
The Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General will focus some of its work on determining the effects of nonhospital-owned physician practices billing Medicare as hospital-based physician practices. The agency's Work Plan for Fiscal Year 2013 highlighted several new areas of concern surrounding hospitals, which are all under OIG review.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts