Hutcheson Medical Center has system-wide profit in September
Hutcheson Medical Center officials reported an overall system profit for September. September marks the first month since January 2009 that Hutcheson has reported a system-wide profit. Factors contributing to the profit included a higher hospital census, more surgeries, and an increase in emergency room patient volume. The hospital census for September was up 60 percent, total surgeries were up 32 percent, and seven percent more patients visited Hutcheson's emergency room.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Two-Midnights Rule Spells Grim Financial Forecast for Hospitals
- Researchers Link ICD-10 Shift to Financial Losses
- The Trouble with Hospital Price Transparency
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High