Hutcheson Medical Center has system-wide profit in September
Hutcheson Medical Center officials reported an overall system profit for September. September marks the first month since January 2009 that Hutcheson has reported a system-wide profit. Factors contributing to the profit included a higher hospital census, more surgeries, and an increase in emergency room patient volume. The hospital census for September was up 60 percent, total surgeries were up 32 percent, and seven percent more patients visited Hutcheson's emergency room.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening