Mining physicians’ notes for medical insights
One of the difficulties in extracting data from unstructured text, such as physicians' freeform notes, is what computer scientists call word-sense disambiguation. Researchers from MIT's Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory will present a new system for disambiguating the senses of words used in doctors' clinical notes.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health