LSU Shreveport hospital loses trauma rating
The American College of Surgeons has removed the Level 1 trauma center at LSU's hospital in Shreveport from its list of facilities with resources needed to provide "optimal care of the injured patient." The College of Surgeons' decision came after a team of professionals surveyed the facility last fall and found continuing "deficiencies and weaknesses" in the trauma center's operations
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs