HIE is critical public utility in Sandy disaster
The Statewide Health Information Network of New York played a critical role in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. It assisted the critical continuity of care. As patients were transported from one location to another, those patients' electronic health records who were secure and readily accessible at the hospitals to the facility which they were transported.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules