HIE is critical public utility in Sandy disaster
The Statewide Health Information Network of New York played a critical role in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. It assisted the critical continuity of care. As patients were transported from one location to another, those patients' electronic health records who were secure and readily accessible at the hospitals to the facility which they were transported.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'