Slideshow: ECRI's Top HIT Hazards
The ECRI Institute's Top 10 Health Technology Hazards report for 2013 highlights three serious hazards that ECRI says increasingly threaten both patients and providers. They involve electronic health records, health information technology systems, and personal mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablet computers, which can distract healthcare providers.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers