Slideshow: ECRI's Top HIT Hazards
The ECRI Institute's Top 10 Health Technology Hazards report for 2013 highlights three serious hazards that ECRI says increasingly threaten both patients and providers. They involve electronic health records, health information technology systems, and personal mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablet computers, which can distract healthcare providers.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts