NC's Wake Forest Baptist Hospital to eliminate 950 jobs
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center will lay off 76 employees this week and cut a total of 950 jobs by the end of next June, the center's chief executive, Dr. John McConnell, said Wednesday. He said most of the cuts are administrative positions, but some faculty members could lose their jobs due to cuts in federal research funding. In a statement, the center said the cuts were being made "after a long and careful review of current staffing levels across the organization."
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest