Networking helps spread Mayo brand
Medical centers around the country are signing up for partnership arrangements that also promote the Mayo name. The Rochester-based hospital system has spent the past year forming alliances with a select group of hospitals, an arrangement that gives doctors online access to Mayo's clinicians as well as a way to promote a partnership with one of the world's premier medical brands. Patients benefit from Mayo's medical expertise without the expense and disruption of travel. Mayo broadens its reach at a time when health reform efforts are touching off waves of consolidation. The trend has been underway for years as a way to buttress the rising costs of care. Hospitals in the Mayo Clinic Care Network pay an undisclosed subscription fee for online consultations and for access into Mayo Clinic's research.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care