Vote delayed on oversight of UMC
A decision on the future of University Medical Center will wait. Clark County commissioners on Wednesday, facing an important vote on whether to ask the Legislature for permission to turn over hospital oversight to a full-time board, decided to revise a bill draft proposal and bring it back in two weeks. The decision came amid concerns that the draft included language that would allow the hospital board to sell the hospital and its facilities, although UMC CEO Brian Brannman told commissioners that was not the intent.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program