Comparison shopping coming to Highmark
Highmark officials want to make shopping for health care as comfortable as shopping for a car or house—and they plan to do it by shining a brighter light on cost and quality data for local hospitals and physicians. When the Pittsburgh insurer's program is fully in place this spring, officials say Highmark members will be able to find data online on how physicians and hospitals rate against national quality data, as well as information about a doctor's medical training and board certifications.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application
- Providers Ask HHS to Address EHR Interoperability Barriers
- 5 Digital Marketing Efforts Every Hospital Should Try
- The Drug Price Reform Debate
- 16 Medicare Advantage Plans Earn 5-Star Ratings
- Ebola: A Call for Designated Hospitals