MGH employees watch customer service video—for $250
Massachusetts General Hospital wanted its 22,000 employees to watch an 11-minute video teaching the basics of customer service. But executives felt it would send a strange message to make niceness training mandatory—and then penalize staff for not participating. So instead, they offered employees a $250 bonus to view the video, an approach common in other industries and that proved to be an overwhelming success for the hospital.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers