A look at $4.6M in Grand Rapids hospital CEO pay
The annual paychecks for the four men who lead Grand Rapids nonprofit hospitals total more than $4.6 million, but there is a wide variance in the amount each chief executive officer earns. At the top is Rick Breon, of Spectrum Health System, West Michigan's largest employer, which encompasses 1,327 beds in Grand Rapids, 10 hospitals and insurer Priority Health. He received $2.14 million in total compensation in 2011. At the other end of the spectrum is Kent Riddle, of Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital, whose compensation totaled $390,000. Mary Free Bed is Grand Rapids' smallest hospital with 80 beds.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion