Hospital to reduce pay for weekend employees
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Weekend employees in the Huntsville Hospital system are facing a 50 cent per hour reduction in pay. The savings may be up to $500,000 annually, according to Jeff Samz, chief operating officer at Huntsville Hospital. Samz confirmed to The Huntsville Times/al.com today that the changes will affect 348 employees. The changes will go into effect Oct. 13 and will affect only employees at Huntsville Hospital facilities in Madison County. Samz said Huntsville Hospital has a program for employees who work every weekend to receive a higher rate of pay. The pay scale for working a shift outside of the weekend will not be affected.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus