Hospital to reduce pay for weekend employees
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Weekend employees in the Huntsville Hospital system are facing a 50 cent per hour reduction in pay. The savings may be up to $500,000 annually, according to Jeff Samz, chief operating officer at Huntsville Hospital. Samz confirmed to The Huntsville Times/al.com today that the changes will affect 348 employees. The changes will go into effect Oct. 13 and will affect only employees at Huntsville Hospital facilities in Madison County. Samz said Huntsville Hospital has a program for employees who work every weekend to receive a higher rate of pay. The pay scale for working a shift outside of the weekend will not be affected.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'