40 men sue hospital after accidental thaw destroyed sperm
Forty men who put their sperm on ice because cancer or other illnesses threatened to leave them infertile are suing a Chicago hospital after a freezer malfunction robbed many of them of the chance to have biological children, their lawyer said Wednesday. "It's heartbreaking," said Matt Jenkins, the lawyer representing the men, who are identified only as John Doe in the suit filed Tuesday. "These men faced death and pulled through the other side and thought they had a safety net to have children," he said. "To have that taken away and be told that you can't have biological children — it's been devastating to these people."
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care