Florida Hospital opens 2 women's health centers
Two centers dedicated to women's health — one in Celebration and another in Winter Park — will open Thursday evening as part of Florida Hospital's $270 million expansion. Florida Hospital for Women-Winter Park and Celebration Health Women's Institute will both offer an array of health services for all stages of life, including obstetrics, breast imaging, female surgeries and health counseling, said Marla Silliman, senior vice president of women's services at Florida Hospital. The centers are among the three new towers announced last fall to better serve female patients in Central Florida.They are part of the second-largest capital expansion in the hospital's 100-year history.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts