Conduct reviews with Recovery Auditor denials in mind
by Trey La Charité, MD
Reducing mistakes and eliminating fraud are the dual goals in today’s claims auditing environment. While these goals are admirable, the aggressive strategy typically executed by Recovery Auditors and other auditing agencies to achieve those goals is fundamentally flawed.
The reality is that our healthcare facilities are subjected to a myriad of “Recovery Raiders” that scrutinize everything—from how many units of a drug were billed to whether or not a patient actually needed to be admitted to the hospital.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives