App's map of the human body also charts next generation of surgical training
Thanks to 3D mapping technology you can peek at Central Park, walk the Great Wall of China or even zoom in on the Big Dipper without leaving your sofa. Now a new map lets you explore locations much, much closer to home - like your bones, muscles, brain and heart. The BioDigital Human, which launched this week as an app for iPhone and iPad, is like Google Maps for the human body, allowing users to zoom, tap and explore underneath layers of skin, muscle and bone. By viewing the 3D model from every angle, users can learn how various bodily systems function and take a look at how conditions from acne to whooping cough play out beneath the surface.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised