Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
Connecticut's largest health system and Tenet will remain independent of one another, but would work together to improve clinical services and coordinate care and referrals at four hospitals in the state.
CEO of Yale New Haven
Yale New Haven Health System announced Thursday that it has formed a partnership Tenet Healthcare Corporation. The move comes as the Dallas-based for-profit hospital chain expands its footprint in Connecticut. Financial terms were not disclosed.
Yale New Haven CEO Marna Borgstrom says the blue-chip system, which is the largest health system in the state, and Tenet will remain independent of one another, but would work together to improve clinical services and coordinate care and referrals at four hospitals in Connecticut that Tenet is acquiring.
Those hospitals are: Waterbury Hospital, a teaching hospital in Waterbury, CT, Bristol Hospital in Bristol, CT, and Eastern Connecticut Health Network, which includes two hospitals in Manchester and Rockville, CT.
"We and Tenet are in the process of trying to put this in place and keep these hospitals as strong as possible," Borgstrom said in a telephone interview. "We can help in these communities where the medical communities want this to supplement the clinical resources that they have had trouble replacing. It is about keeping the appropriate amount of care local. It is not about bringing it all down to the academic medical center because right now it is imperative on all of us to ensure that care is given in the lowest-cost appropriate setting."
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs