Slideshow: Cardio Services—Keeping Pace with the Pulse of Population Health
>>>View Intelligence Report Slideshow
Most health systems have historically relied on their cardiovascular service line for at least 20% of their revenue. Until recently, that revenue stream has been largely driven by volume; but now, times are changing and the industry is experiencing a paradigm shift from volume-based to value-based healthcare.
Operating margins for cardiovascular specialties remain strong, but many leaders anticipate changes and challenges to their revenue streams that could mean bottom-line pressure.
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Advocate, NorthShore Deal Would Create 16-Hospital System
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- 3 Strategies for Retaining Millennial Employees
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Power of price: In South FL and the nation, healthcare costs often are shrouded in secrecy
- Two NY hospitals to offer free hip and knee replacement surgeries for qualifying patients in December
- 'Early Offer' Malpractice Programs May Spur Reform
- Hospital mergers may lead to higher prices