Wait times to see a VA doctor an issue for MI veterans
U.S. Congressman Gary Peters heard from local veterans about their personal experiences at Veteran Administration health facilities — in the wake of a scandal in parts of the country involving patient care records. A standing room only crowd turned up at the Michigan Veterans Foundation to voice their concerns about the wait for medical care through the VA reports WWJ's Marie Osborne. "Pitiful," said Navy veteran Horace Anderson in reaction to the scandal. "Pitiful and I hate to say it but sometimes it's kind of expected." Although he says he's satisfied with his care through the VA, it sometimes takes up to three weeks to be seen.
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- A new way insurers are shifting costs to the sick
- FTC wary of mergers by hospitals