Opinion: Can healthcare execs be security experts too?
In the urgent scramble to hire cyber security executives, some organizations appear to favor time spent within a business vertical such as healthcare -- often against the advice of competent counsel. They bypass stronger cyber security professionals who would need to learn the new business environment in favor of candidates who understand the industry but need to learn cyber security. Essentially these organizations try to turn healthcare executives into cyber security executives, a very risky idea indeed. It will take an organization about a year to figure out it hired the wrong person. During that time more damage and more atrophy will occur.
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- NCQA Releases Annual Health Plan Rankings
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- 3 NC Health Systems Form Shared Services Organization
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Hospital Pharmacies Prep for Drug Takebacks
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- How much does that x-ray cost? You can find out in NH
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says