Lessen the stress of a hospital stay
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, February 27, 2008
When you're preparing for a hospital stay, don't forget to pack your favorite items from home. This includes a friend or family member to serve as your patient advocate--someone who can help you make medical decisions and watch out for potential errors in your care. The article also suggests patients bring with them a bottle of hand sanitizer gel, with a note that says, "Protect me from germs.clean your hands!"
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts