Lessen the stress of a hospital stay
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, February 27, 2008
When you're preparing for a hospital stay, don't forget to pack your favorite items from home. This includes a friend or family member to serve as your patient advocate--someone who can help you make medical decisions and watch out for potential errors in your care. The article also suggests patients bring with them a bottle of hand sanitizer gel, with a note that says, "Protect me from germs.clean your hands!"
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer