Lessen the stress of a hospital stay
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, February 27, 2008
When you're preparing for a hospital stay, don't forget to pack your favorite items from home. This includes a friend or family member to serve as your patient advocate--someone who can help you make medical decisions and watch out for potential errors in your care. The article also suggests patients bring with them a bottle of hand sanitizer gel, with a note that says, "Protect me from germs.clean your hands!"
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest