Patient- and family-centered care improves Florida ICUs
Nurse.com, February 27, 2008
Joe DiMaggio Children's, which is a part of Memorial Health System, consisting of seven healthcare facilities serving South Broward County, is part of an emerging trend in healthcare in which hospitals integrate patients and family into the care experience. Instead of being restricted to limited visiting times and overcrowded waiting areas with no privacy, families are invited to stay with their loved ones and be a part of the care team. They stay in private rooms equipped with sofa sleepers. Many facilities provide access to shower facilities, family lounges, meal services, Internet and educational resources.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness