Fighting to make hospitals healthier
The Providence Journal, March 6, 2008
A recent study by the Journal of the American Medical Association suggested that hospital-borne infections are the country's fourth-largest killer. Each year, close to 2 million Americans acquire an infection while in a hospital, according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Of those, almost 100,000 die.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers