Slidell Memorial in New Orleans receives full national accreditation
The Times-Picayune, March 6, 2008
By demonstrating compliance with national standards for healthcare quality and safety, Slidell Memorial Hospital has achieved full accreditation from the Joint Commission. The hospital received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval following an unannounced, on-site evaluation. Joint Commission standards address Slidell Memorial's level of performance in key areas such as patient rights, patient treatment and infection control. The standards focus not simply on the hospital's ability to provide safe, high-quality care, but on its actual performance as well.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%