CMS Web site helps patients shop for care based on quality and price
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, March 31, 2008
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has posted new survey information at the Hospital Compare consumer Web site. The site now has information from Medicare patients about their hospital stays, as well as information about the number of certain elective hospital procedures provided to those patients and what Medicare pays for those services. Representatives from CMS said the site provides consuners with quality information, patient satisfaction survey information, and pricing information for specific procedures that they need to make effective decisions about the quality and value of the healthcare available to them.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives