Warning on medication mix-ups for kids
The Joint Commission has released a safety alert saying more needs to be done to prevent medication errors in children. The alert calls on hospitals to weigh children in kilograms when admitted, and comes just days after the release of a study finding that drug mix-ups and overdoses harm roughly one out of 15 hospitalized children. Hospitals also should clearly mark products that have been repackaged from adult formulations for use with children, according to the Joint Commission.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care