Reports: Data on Vioxx was misused
Corporate and government documents from Vioxx lawsuits indicate that Merck & Co. apparently downplayed evidence showing the painkiller tripled the risk of death in Alzheimer's-prone patients. Doctors involved in the analyses say the trove of information that Merck was compelled to produce offers a window into the world of billion-dollar drugs and the lengths to which a company will go to advance and protect its interests.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers