Reports: Data on Vioxx was misused
Corporate and government documents from Vioxx lawsuits indicate that Merck & Co. apparently downplayed evidence showing the painkiller tripled the risk of death in Alzheimer's-prone patients. Doctors involved in the analyses say the trove of information that Merck was compelled to produce offers a window into the world of billion-dollar drugs and the lengths to which a company will go to advance and protect its interests.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Access to EHR Notes Lauded by Patients, Providers