AHRQ chief champions use of pharmacists in emergency departments
Medical News Today, April 17, 2008
The director of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality says pharmacists have an important role in improving medication safety in emergency departments. Carolyn M. Clancy, MD, emphasizes the growing need to employ pharmacists to reduce the risk of adverse drug events in the EDs. Clancy adds that the "Introducing an Emergency Pharmacist into Your Institution" initiative helps hospitals obtain support for and implement emergency pharmacist programs.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers