Drug-resistant, sometimes lethal infections rising in Georgia
Atlanta Journal-Constitution, May 8, 2008
MRSA strains are increasingly infecting people in Georgia, even outside of healthcare settings. In Georgia, more than 1,700 people have been hospitalized in the past three years with severe MRSA infections, according to reports filed with the state health department. At least 62 have died, including several children with a deadly form of MRSA pneumonia.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care