Giving doctors a checkup
Baltimore Sun, May 8, 2008
Using the Internet, patients can now make sure the medical professionals they are seeing, or considering, are licensed, find out if they have board certification in their specialties, see quality ratings for the hospitals where they practice, get feedback from their patients, and weigh in with their own opinions. Some Web sites, including RateMDs.com and healthgrades.com, are also trying to get at such hard-to-measure issues by collecting patient ratings and asking them to share experiences.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data