Five ways to engage physicians
Red Orbit, May 15, 2008
A fellow from the Institute for Healthcare Improvement offers five steps hospital executives must take to get physicians engaged in their organization's quality improvement efforts. Physician engagement is important, he notes, be cause "very little happens in a hospital or other care system that is not the direct result of a doctor's order or the indirect result of a policy approved by a body of physicians such as the organized medical staff."
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'