Five ways to engage physicians
Red Orbit, May 15, 2008
A fellow from the Institute for Healthcare Improvement offers five steps hospital executives must take to get physicians engaged in their organization's quality improvement efforts. Physician engagement is important, he notes, be cause "very little happens in a hospital or other care system that is not the direct result of a doctor's order or the indirect result of a policy approved by a body of physicians such as the organized medical staff."
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts