U.S. health secretary: Chinese Heparin shipped to U.S. now safe
AP/Yahoo News, May 15, 2008
Heparin manufactured in China and linked to dozens of deaths in the United States is now safe because of tighter testing and controls, according to U.S. Health and Human Services secretary Mike Leavitt. The FDA has linked 81 deaths and hundreds of allergic reactions to a contaminant found in China-made shipments of the blood thinner.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer