U.S. health secretary: Chinese Heparin shipped to U.S. now safe
AP/Yahoo News, May 15, 2008
Heparin manufactured in China and linked to dozens of deaths in the United States is now safe because of tighter testing and controls, according to U.S. Health and Human Services secretary Mike Leavitt. The FDA has linked 81 deaths and hundreds of allergic reactions to a contaminant found in China-made shipments of the blood thinner.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers