U.S. health secretary: Chinese Heparin shipped to U.S. now safe
AP/Yahoo News, May 15, 2008
Heparin manufactured in China and linked to dozens of deaths in the United States is now safe because of tighter testing and controls, according to U.S. Health and Human Services secretary Mike Leavitt. The FDA has linked 81 deaths and hundreds of allergic reactions to a contaminant found in China-made shipments of the blood thinner.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream