Columbia, SC, facility completes renovated children’s hospital
Columbia, SC-based Palmetto Health Richland is celebrating the completion of its newly renovated children's hospital, which will become the first such free-standing facility in the state. The renovated facility features 20 extra inpatient beds, 15 new outpatient beds and an updated intensive care unit. In addition, administrators say the new children's hospital is expected to ensure a deeper level of personal care for young patients and their families. Some of the features of the 150,000 square-foot facility are brightly colored walls, themed floors and quiet rooms for family members.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts