A watchdog worth keeping
The Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment Council (PHC4) could soon cease to exist, if state lawmakers don't extend its authorization by the end of the month. Although the watchdog agency has strong support in the state's General Assembly, some insurance lobbyists contend PHC4 has failed in its mission to contain costs because healthcare costs continue to rise.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'