A watchdog worth keeping
The Pennsylvania Health Care Cost Containment Council (PHC4) could soon cease to exist, if state lawmakers don't extend its authorization by the end of the month. Although the watchdog agency has strong support in the state's General Assembly, some insurance lobbyists contend PHC4 has failed in its mission to contain costs because healthcare costs continue to rise.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues