Traffic light-style campaign aims to halt germs at English hospital
A new initiative at Calderdale Royal Hospital in Halifax, England is pushing people to help stop the spread of infections at the facility. Hand sanitizer gel dispensers that look like traffic lights, have been introduced as part of the "Stop, Gel & Go!" program, which was developed after an outbreak of a "superbug" in May forced several wards of the hospital to close.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer