Caught on tape: Brooklyn hospital patient left to die
MSNBC, July 1, 2008
Video from a surveillance camera at a Brooklyn, NY, hospital shows a woman dying on the floor of a psychiatric emergency room while being ignored by other patients and hospital staff. The video was released by lawyers suing Kings County Hospital alleging neglect and abuse of mental health patients. The video shows the 49-year-old woman keeling over and falling out of her chair and lying facedown on the floor, then thrashing before going still. About an hour passed before someone tried to help.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'