Tape of ignored patient at Los Angeles hospital goes online
Edith Isabel Rodriguez writhed for 45 minutes on the floor of the emergency room lobby at Martin Luther King Jr.-Harbor Hospital in Los Angeles as staffers walked past and a janitor mopped around her. The infamous incident in May 2007 was captured by a security camera, but the Los Angeles County has insisted for more than a year that the tape is "confidential, official information." Now, however, excerpts of the grainy video were sent anonymously to the Los Angeles Times and are available on the newspaper's website.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream