Tape of ignored patient at Los Angeles hospital goes online
Edith Isabel Rodriguez writhed for 45 minutes on the floor of the emergency room lobby at Martin Luther King Jr.-Harbor Hospital in Los Angeles as staffers walked past and a janitor mopped around her. The infamous incident in May 2007 was captured by a security camera, but the Los Angeles County has insisted for more than a year that the tape is "confidential, official information." Now, however, excerpts of the grainy video were sent anonymously to the Los Angeles Times and are available on the newspaper's website.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts