Family to sue Brooklyn hospital’s psych ward for $25 million in watched-death case
The daughter of a woman who died unnoticed on the floor of a Brooklyn hospital's psychiatric unit has called for criminal prosecution of the workers who did nothing to help her. The family notified the hospital, New York City, and the city's Health and Hospitals Corporation that they intend to file a $25 million lawsuit. Surveillance footage showed the death of Esmin Elizabeth Green, 49, who collapsed face-down on the floor of the Kings County Hospital Center's psychiatric emergency waiting room, where she had been for nearly 24 hours.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers